Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Artist Statement

Throughout this semester in digital photography, we have learned many techniques. From the different modes of a camera to the proper way to captivate art in a picture, Ms. Cook has embedded in us the methods we need to be the best artists we can be.

In my portfolio you will find works of art that depict my strengths and weakness in digital photography. From the beginning of the semester you will see all the different tricks we’ve learned. My portfolio portrays my hard work in this class, which I happen to be very proud of. I’ve learned how to take something from my dreams and put it into reality. I feel that I have learned the ropes of Photoshop very well. I have proof of this through my creative works of art displayed in my portfolio. I’m also good at making myself into an iceberg. In this class I’ve learned that you have to catch on fast in order to comprehend the complexity of the different techniques we learn on a daily basis. At the beginning of the semester I could not dig deep inside my imaginative cavity and pull out something creative. As time progressed, I learned how to take something simple, give it a personal twist, and have confidence in it to produce a marvelous work of art.

As time winds down and we learn different ways to enhance our pictures, we grow as individuals. We become well rounded students who, not only excel in core courses, but can produce outstanding evidence of our imagination.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Yasmine. I have loved experiencing your art since you transferred into my class. You have a strong sense of composition and a fiery creative side which always makes for amazing art. I hope that you continue expressing yourself and creating things. I would love to see what else you come up with. I have loved having you in class! I wish you a safe journey.